Sweetish, with a distinctive mustard note and super creamy. Whether as a dip or salad dressing: The delicious, mild Naturata Organic Honey Mustard Sauce is versatile. The delicious mix of blossom honey, agave syrup and mustard goes well with almost everything, but especially with seafood and fish, poultry, vegetables, fondue and raclette. Ideal also to spice up sandwiches or the good old sandwiches.
Savory Burger with Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably 80/20)
- 1 teaspoon Naturata sea salt
- Naturata organic sunflower frying oil, for cooking the burgers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 6 slices Gouda cheese
- Toasted buns, for serving
- Lettuce, tomato, red onion, or anything else you like on your burgers!
- 1/2 cup of Naturata honey mustard sauce
1) Portion the ground beef into 4 to 6 equal portions - you want a thin patty so don’t make your patties too thick! Form these into balls and set aside.
2) Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Drizzle a little oil and place the 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet, spreading it around so it coats the entire pan.
3) Place the hamburger into the skillet and, using two spatulas, quickly “smash” the burger down to a big, thin patty-big enough to sit on the buns you have. Try to do this in 2 to 3 smacks! Season with salt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the meat is cooked through. Once you flip the burger, season the other side with salt and add the cheese to melt.
3) Spread some of the honey mustard sauce on both sides of the toasted bun. Place 1 to 2 cheeseburger patties on top and layer with any desired toppings.